Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Good Friends and Mount Willard

Well, my day just opened up. I invited my cousin Gail and her twin boys (8 years old) to meet me at my brother's house today. He has a great yard with a big pool. She just called to tell me she forgot that the boys have hockey practice at 2:00 today so they aren't coming.  That's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing them.

I just downloaded some pics from two weekends ago. I was in Conway, NH with my friends Gia, Bob and James. Gia lives across the street in Winthrop. Bob and James used to live in the apartment under me in Winthrop and now live in Rockland, Maine. This is the second time that this foursome has met in Conway.  We got together there for the first time, last fall.  We had so  much fun we immediately put a date on the calendar to do it again the last weekend in June. 

You know when a certain group of people just click? When it's easy and everything just flows? That's what it's like with the four of us. I thought about inviting a few more people on this weekend, but then decided against it. I used to believe:  the more the merrier. I don't believe that credo anymore and I've learned not to mess with a good thing. 

Anyway,  Gia and I drove up from Winthrop and met Bob and James in North Conway a few weeks ago on a  Friday night around 8 pm. We dumped our bags and proceeded to Mae Kelly's, a local restaurant/watering hole for drinks and apps.  It was a hot night, perfect for the back deck at Mae's and luckily for us, there was an open table.  The deck at Mae Kelly's has a great view of Cathedral Ledge.

The next day, we climbed Mount Willard in Crawford Notch. Willard is a small mountain and an easy climb with a million dollar view. These pics were taken from the summit:





No comments:

Post a Comment