Friday, July 13, 2012

Heading to Maine

Yesterday was another lazy day. I spent a few hours at the beach. There was a nice cool breeze off of the water. It really has been an amazing week of weather here in Winthrop by the Sea.

I just finished a great book called the 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.  It's historical fiction based on the diaries of Ann Eliza Young, who was the 19th wife of Brigham Young. Fascinating read about polygamy within the Mormon religion in the 1800's and forward to present day sects that branched off from the Mormon religion and still practice it today.

Apparently, the book was on the NY Times best seller list in 08. I missed it then. Glad I found it now.  Here's a link to the book/author's website.

http://www.19thwife.com/

Speaking of books, last night was our monthly Five Sisters at Forrest Street Book Club meeting. We held it on the beach. As usual, there was not much talk of books and much talk about men, love, food, drink!

This morning after the gym, I took Joe to breakfast at Nick's in Revere. Eggs, Bacon, Bread. Hey, I went to the gym first!

Today I am off to Maine to attend a commitment ceremony between my friends Bob and James. The celebration is tomorrow in Rockport, Maine. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment