Thursday, July 12, 2012

More vacationing pleasure

The weather has been terrific this week, bright sun every day! I spent some time with my nephew John and son Joe at the pool the other day. I think this may be the most relaxing vacation I've ever had. There is something to be said about not making plans....and just taking it minute by minute....

I did meet my friends Ginny and Cynthia last night for dinner. We went to the Woodward Restaurant in the Ames Hotel in Boston. Apparently this boutique hotel has been around for a few years...glad we went. It's an historic building, reborn as a very funky, expensive boutique hotel (the elevator walls are purple leather).  Built in 1889, it was Boston's first sky-scraper at 13-stories high and the corporate headquarters of Ames Plow, a company that sold agricultural tools.

I can see that I may learn some things (perhaps interesting but useless info) with this blogging hobby.  However, this could be dangerous. My research led me to an e-bay posting of an original butter churn made by Ames Plow. Thankfully, it was already sold (for approximately $85) because a butter churn is most certainly something I can do without...

Back to summer....here's a few pics from the other day at the pool...

Joe looks as if he's saying: Really John? I don't think so.....

No comments:

Post a Comment